Saturday, July 31, 2010

Background

Let's start with a little background! Adoption is something that I believe God put in my heart at a very young age. I can remember being a little girl talking to my best friend about adopting a baby from China when I grew up. It's something I've just always wanted to do. Josh has also always been open and supportive of adopting. We've talked about it since the beginning of our marriage. It's always been in the back of our minds that someday we would adopt.

After going through different circumstances and years of issues with infertility, we felt like this was the year to really start pursuing adoption. So, I started researching, and we started taking steps. It's pretty amazing to see how what we thought our lives would be isn't always the plan God has for us. We always thought we would have "belly" babies first then adopt...nope, not what God had planned. We always talked about adopting from China or South Korea.... as of today we will be adopting from Africa first! God may give us an idea, or plant a seed in our heart, but he doesn't always lay out the details as to how His plan is going to be accomplished.

This isn't always easy, but we couldn't be more excited to see where this journey is going to take us. We know that the day we hold our baby in our arms is going to be that much sweeter because of the path we've taken to get there!! So hold on baby bickford! Wait for us, we're on our way!

Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, reading this brought tears to my eyes. It is so very special what you and Josh are doing and I will be praying for a smooth process in the days ahead. You and Josh will be awesome parents and God knew that! Blessing to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hannah...this post made me cry! Oh the plans God has in story for you! I am crying (who does that remind you of?!) just knowing they are going to be "exceedingly, abundantly more than you could ever ask or imagine!" (Eph3:20) Can't wait to follow along in your journey. Am cheering you on (cause you know I used to be a cheerleader!) and praying you on from Iowa! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aunt Sheri! We really appreciate your prayers so much!! Thanks for your encouragement Lisa! Thanks for being our cheerleader! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete