Saturday, July 31, 2010

Catch Up

Here's a quick catch up as to where we are in the adoption process. (For a quicker synopsis, check out the adoption timeline on the right.)

At the end of June we sent in our adoption application and it was accepted. We then started the home study process. We had our first meeting with our home study case worker on July 9th. It really was a pretty low-key, uneventful meeting. We just went over all the LOADS of paperwork that we needed to prepare. Since the meeting that is what we have been working on....paperwork!

We will have at least 3 meetings with our case worker. The next meeting we will have one on one meetings with her. I have to admit this does scare me a bit. I'm a little nervous about leaving Josh alone with her and not being able to "buffer" his jokes or comments. If you know Josh you know what I'm talking about! Everyone has asked me how our first home study meeting went and since it was pretty uneventful, I always say "good". I guess because I'm so used to it, I forget to mention the fact that Josh made a joke in front of our case worker about me being an alcoholic! I've tried to explain to him that he shouldn't joke like that in front of people he doesn't know, because they don't know he's joking! Oh boy! Guess that is part of why I love him, you never know what is going to come out of his mouth next!

Hannah

5 comments:

  1. I found you through your mom's blog. I have a friend that has done two foriegn adoptions.
    You should check out her blog. http://onechinesebrother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah- I am so excited for you and Josh! We will be praying for you through this exciting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Han!! Praying for you guys and for that sweet baby!! Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your nervousness about the seperate meetings... only because I know Josh :-)... all will be well though... I love you guys and praying hard for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the sweet comments! We appreciate all your prayers! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete